W T F!
Where’s The Food?
Good food is always related to good mood. If you don’t eat satisfactory food, your day isn’t as good as the days of which you have enjoyed a sumptuous meal. Bringing you all, this flavoursome yet easy chicken dish based in coconut gravy to complete your happy food day; courtesy of my sister, Naazo. ♥
- Approximately 500 gms chicken
- 1/2 fresh grated coconut than roast it
- 1 tetra pack coconut milk (optional)
- 7-8 tbsp of oil
- 1 long twig of curry leaves
- 12-14 Green Chillies (as per you require)
- 2 large Tomato
- 2 large onion
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2-3 leaves of kafir lime(optional)
- 1 medium size ginger
- 7-8 medium size garlic
- Salt as per require
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 large tbsp garam masala powder
- 4-5 twigs of coriander leaves for garnish
- 1 lemon for garnish
There are 2 methods to make this dish
1. Sukka(dry) coconut chicken
2. Gravy chicken
- Marinate chicken with salt, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, a paste of green chillies, garlic & ginger & keep aside for half an hour to 1 hour.
2. In a pan, heat oil, add mustard, cumin, fenugreek seeds and let them splutter. Add curry leaves.
3. Add finely chopped onions & cook it until golden brown.
4. Prepare a puree of tomatoes & add to it
5. Add marinated chicken & stir for 2-3 mins in high flame.
6. Add roasted coconut to it.
7. Once you see the oil separating, the chicken is well fried with the masala. If you want to make the sukka ( dry) chicken which can be eaten with chapati or naan, you can stop at this stage.
8. If you want a chicken curry that you can eat with rice primarily or roti, you can add water according to your desired consistency and if you want it to be thicker, you can add coconut milk to make it richer and creamier & let it simmer for 20 mins or depending upon the tenderness of the chicken on low flame.
Garnish with coriander & lemon.